Our giant puppy Chester decided to swallow three moose beanie babies a couple of days ago. He was able to barf up two of of them but one ended up logged into his small intestine. They were able to surgically remove it but the next 3-5 days are going to be touchy with the damage done to his small intestine. He may end up at VCA west with having that portion of his intestines removed. Please help him through this difficult time!
St Bernard VS Beanie Baby
Last night was a rough on for Chester. Chester's Foster mom went to visit him at the hospital and he had taken a turn for the worst. She immediately rushed him down to VCA West in LA to have surgery. Portions of his intestines are dying due to lack of blood flow to the area during his blockage. They are watching and waiting to see if his small intestine will recover on its own or will need to be removed. Fingers crossed that this big ol puppy will not need any further surgery at all. The vets at VCA West are some of the best in the country. Over night observation and possible surgery are not cheap at all on top of what we have already spent for this guy just to surgically remove the beanie baby that he managed to swallow whole. Please help up keep this big boy alive and healthy. Every cent counts to saving his life!
November 13, 2017