URGENT NEED FOR MAX- cancerous mass in stomach!
Scooby-Doo's Rescue saw this little Shih tzu on social media that needed help. No questions we said yes. When we picked him up we noticed his legs were very bowed out and he had some blood in his stool. So we went to the vet. It was very red no true concern. The fecal came back good. We kept him on home cooked meals and a probiotic. Until today 1/13/20108 I woke up to a horrible stench. I walked out and there was a pool of dark ashy stool from our little Max. I quickly got him over to our Vet. They assessed him. His gums were whiter than white. They called Oradell Animal hospital to set up a blood transfusion. We rushed over to Oradell were they took him right in. Poor little max still had life in his eyes. His eyes never left me. I watched him as they carried him off.
The doctors words were disheartening. "There is a mass in Max's stomach and its not good" right there time still. Sure we can do surgery and chemo but not sure if if he will pull thru. We can give him transfusions but the mass will just keep bleeding out.
What do we do?? We are just a small rescue with medical bills already sky high. After crying and posting.. More crying... Crying as I am typing this. I am going to beg for everyone out there to help Max. Max is a 2 yr old baby Shih Tzu. His prior owners tossed him the shelter saying he was aggressive. He has been with us for 2 weeks and not one sign of aggression. Just love. He loves to be cuddled and he loves baths. So with already $6000 in bills out there do I add more to it? Does the money really matter?? In my eyes no. I don't care about the money!!! If we have to hold 20 fundraisers then thats what we do. If I have to go through my home and sell stuff. Then that is what we do.
But I am asking all of you to please give Max a chance. He has adopters waiting for him. When I called them today to tell them what was going on, their words to me were "we are not giving up on him either".
Right now my mind is cloudy with all the medical terminology. But I know what we are going to do. We are going to have Max go into surgery and have them remove the mass but we opted out for the Chemo. Our Friend Billy Bauer who runs The Baunji Strong Foundation is coming up with a raw meal plan for Max for when he comes home.
Please find it in your heart to give anything and share Max far and wide.
The Scooby-Doo's Rescue Team